web analytics

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

To the Man that Stole My Mother:


I waited all day on the porch swing.
From the window it looked like they were laughing.
And then he took a swing.

And he swung and swung and missed.
Until he swung and swung and didn't.
And when she went out in a body bag,
He was the only one beside her.

"Get out. You're born and raised."
 She said.
 There was no point in trying to fight
 Her.

 His mouth was her mouth,
 His thoughts were her thoughts,
 His hands were her hands.

 "We're one,"
  She said.

 My eyes were raw roadmaps from crying
 Over the plans they'd
 Made
 To map me
 Out of

 Her life

  Before
     The
       Grave--

 Grave day
   
    That keeps replaying in my head:

"Get out.

 You're born and raised."


"You're born and raised."

 She said.

No comments:

Post a Comment