web analytics

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Conversations:

"I just wish that I was wise. I'm so stupid all the time. I feel like I was wise when I was young. Back when I had faith. Back when faith seemed more real and made more sense than the absence of faith. But the people I have loved have taken so much out of me. And the world. And boys. And in my nakedness they took everything. And now nakedness hurts. And transparency is used as a weapon, and the world is hard and faith is emaciated by reality...and it's so small now that it's lost its voice.
 I asked a little boy in my JA class how much time the students had left to work on their math assignment. He said "I don't really know. But it doesn't really matter does it? I can't tell time." I was so jealous of him. I wish I didn't know how to tell time. Because then all the days wouldn't be blocked off in weary segments that I just am waiting to get to the end of because it all seems so hopeless. I wish I was little and time didn't matter because I could be in every moment and maybe bring back to life something that can't seem to find revival."

   AJM

No comments:

Post a Comment