web analytics

Sunday, March 17, 2013

ASM

 Yesterday, I fully encountered Christ in a new and phenomenal way. I'm so grateful for my Keeill friends and coming to Nashville to find The Anchor. My heart is with this mission. I have never been so passionately in love with a group of people in my entire life.
 My church family is home for me. I have made the decision to go to ASM after I graduate. I want it with my whole heart. It all makes sense now. In 2010 I came to Nashville thinking I was being called to Afghanistan. What I did not know, is that I was being called to this. My revelatory moment was when I realized Hana Mott recruited me, and she was passionately in love with The Anchor. She took me to church my first Sunday in Nashville. Josh Stump preached over Ephesians 2 and how we are made new in Christ. I was so moved that I kept coming back. I walked away changed every week.    
 Through a series of events that pulled me out of The Anchor, I lost touch with God. Luckily Morgan lead me to Forward where I met a phenomenal group of people that I fell in love with. But something was still missing. Over the summer I met Nathan-the most phenomenal friend I have ever had. I had been his acquaintance at The Anchor, but we'd never really connected. He found me through my blog and our beautiful friendship started to grow. He had moved to Portland to begin an Anchor Missions church plant, but he said he was coming back to Nashville in the fall. Initially I'd intended to see him in August, but between schedules and honestly a great deal of spiritual warfare and fear--I didn't ever MAKE time to see him.
  When I finally did he invited me to The Keeill, The Anchor's sister church. It was conveniently located across the street at West End Middle. I went, and Stump was back from his UK adventure, and I was stoked to hear him speak again. I have always honored him. I don't think he'll ever understand how much he has changed my life. The more I get involved with the people at church the more I understand that this is why God called me to Nashville. I cannot wait to get out of school and apply for ASM. I know this is what I am supposed to do. And finally, I have peace without fear, and I am passionately in love with Christ!

   God is good. God is good. God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment