web analytics

Thursday, December 13, 2012

The Transcendentalist

Tiff: "I think he really believed he was Henry David Thoreau. And I mean, junk, I was kind of happy for him too. And I tried to make him love me because I was so intrigued with the idea. I made him gingerbread houses all the time. I bet he thought that was real cute. Here I was confusing someone who hated society with someone who wanted to play Hansel and Gretel. He had shiny buttons. I should have known then. The vests were too much; the tassels...too much. And all of it was quite a contradiction. He was a spit-shined figure that I was constantly too afraid to wrinkle. I was...a big, goopy bucket of mess. And then it occurred to me: he really did care. He cared too much about what people thought. I never did. I was the one who actually transcended. And you know? I wasn't so hacked off all the time either."


No comments:

Post a Comment