web analytics

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Cottonmouth

I told you my grey matter was more magenta.
You stopped loving me for that.
I examine the crystals of the concrete now with my finer teeth.
Silence damages the lining of our bellies.

You used to be whimsical

Y o u
 
       W e r e

Some kind of Nevada fairy queen.

You had a wire wand.
You had a tiara.
And through your
Sequined,
Drunken
Stagger
You were
Everything.

Now,
I cough you out of my lungs like dust.
And you're aggressive too.
You cling to the lining of my throat;

I choke on the
Anger
In you.

My lips sputter like propellers,
They slice up a static sea,
I am battered and un-anchored,
My chest is barren and melancholy.

And your eyes,
Which used to glow
Like dimly lit,
Transparent
Domes

Are hollowed out,
With no slooping hats,

And

No porch swings to call home.








No comments:

Post a Comment