web analytics

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

O.J.

 Nel: "The trouble with believing in boys is that when they say they mean forever, they don't always. Sometimes they mean a little while--like a few hours, or until next Friday. Sometimes, they mean a few weeks, or until you start parting your hair differently. Sometimes, they mean until you gain five pounds. Sometimes...they just want a girl with softer hands. Sometimes, Rue. Sometimes.
         Everyone ends up alone in the end. We all stop holding each other. We are foreign, plastic dolls. We don't know each other's language. We're angry, we're mute, and we're all growing weary. We argue endlessly. We never get anywhere. But I've told you all of these things. We're living life on repeat.
         What you're really afraid of is accepting that you've lost everything in your life that ever mattered for all the pathetic things that never did. But you did, Rue. Eat it. Work that out between you and your God or something.

    Just stop inflicting your problems on me.
   
    I'm tired of the badgering.

    I wish I could help you further, but I can't.

  There's only so much nicotine left in my dashboard.

   And Rue, it's a long way home."

No comments:

Post a Comment