web analytics

Wednesday, November 7, 2012


   This isn't my life. My life was supposed to be exponentially larger than this. There is a sad street that I know of. It used to be miraculous. The pavement is begging for revival. I am all the lonely footsteps.  All the dampness aches for horizons...all the ones I took for granted. And my dream is hers, and my dream is hers, and my dream is the next person's. I am quite small. And in the scheme of things, just flesh; just bones. I will not leave behind any sort of legacy. I will leave behind hat boxes, and marked up Bibles. I don't know if I'll have moved out West yet. I don't know if I'll have found love. I pray all the pretty prayers. I practice list-making. And I tumble on alone...like a rambling song.

3 comments:

  1. you are still so beautiful to me and I hang on every word you write. you will find your way. your dreams will become alive again, go chasing. never forget who you are xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Blessing! You are so wonderful to me! I'm glad to know you're still reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Blessing! You are so wonderful to me! I'm glad to know you're still reading!

    ReplyDelete