web analytics

Sunday, May 12, 2013

I ended up on
A West Bound
Highway,

Listening
To Stevie Nicks

With as few clothes on
As I could
Legally
Wear
Out in public.

And Kingston Springs
Caught me.

Had it not,
I would have been
A

Bold Shot

Into an

Oklahoma sunset.

And that sunset?

I think it was
A secret

Between
The God
I went to see
A little bit
Too late

And I.

The Cerulean
And Tangerine
Melded
Like watercolor:

Hung itself
Above

The
Dark
Shadows

Of a cool earth--

Of a cool

        Red

            Earth.


And God read "Goodnight Moon"
To His children.

And He
Nestled me in a crescent

That was

Illuminated

With specs of
Silver
And white

To guide you home with
On a
Night

Like this.

And
I was guided home too,
Too
Far
To Home:

I swear I could have made it by morning
If I'd

Tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment